HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Radeon 9600 or 9600 Pro ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=40277)

Marshalls June 22nd 03 11:03 PM

Radeon 9600 or 9600 Pro ?

you can't even hear the fan, it's too small and doesn't spin fast enough, on
the 9xxx series.
"xman Charlie" wrote in message
The 9600 uses slower memory than the 9600 pro.

I am running the 9600 non pro, newest drivers, but it shows up in xp, as a
9600 pro. I know its the 9600 because there isn't a fan on it, just the

heat
sink, and the memory is different.

my 2 cents

"Marshalls" wrote in message
get the 9500 pro at best buys at close out price of $149.
this card is cheaper and faster then 9600pro. search for reviews and

you;ll
see what i'm talking about.

"Sumedh" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading my stock ATI Rage32Mb, which really needs
to be changed.
I am considering the 9600/Pro, cos that is one of the few higher end
cards that doesnt require me to change my measely 250W PSU as well.

Is the 9600 a good option given that I dont have to up my PSU?
I have a Dell 4550, with P4 2.4, and 512Mb PC2700.

What are the main differences between the Pro and non-Pro versions,
and is there any reason to get one over the other? The ATI website
just lists clock-speed as the main difference, and I couldnt find any
other.

Thanks all,
Sumedh