HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   P4S533 PS/2 mouse cable and my cat didn't mix (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=31154)

Tom Dearst February 7th 04 10:26 AM

P4S533 PS/2 mouse cable and my cat didn't mix

Gentlemen, My star cat has chewed through(shorted out?) my wife's ps/2 mouse
cable ; O My cats OK. It wasn't one of those National Lampoon Christmas
vacation movies with the cat behind the Christmas tree...lol
I can no longer use the ps/2 mouse port, says keyboard is not present, but
the keyboard works fine. I tried installing a new ps/2 mouse with the same
results. ps/2 port went south for good it looks like. However, if I use a
usb mouse everything is OK with no errors. My question is, can the ps/2 port
be repaired somehow? Is there a stuck bit somewhere? I know I should and
will be content with the usb mouse but, I would like my ps/2 port back. I
remember back in the early 90's when some mobos had a micro fuse. Any
components level experts out there?

TX
Tom

Noozer February 7th 04 03:09 PM

"Tom Dearst" wrote in message
. com...
Gentlemen, My star cat has chewed through(shorted out?) my wife's ps/2

mouse
cable ; O My cats OK. It wasn't one of those National Lampoon Christmas
vacation movies with the cat behind the Christmas tree...lol
I can no longer use the ps/2 mouse port, says keyboard is not present,

but
the keyboard works fine. I tried installing a new ps/2 mouse with the same
results. ps/2 port went south for good it looks like. However, if I use a
usb mouse everything is OK with no errors. My question is, can the ps/2

port
be repaired somehow? Is there a stuck bit somewhere? I know I should and
will be content with the usb mouse but, I would like my ps/2 port back. I
remember back in the early 90's when some mobos had a micro fuse. Any
components level experts out there?

Try plugging the keyboard into the keyboard port and mouse into the mouse
port. They aren't interchangable on most PC's even if the connector is the
same.

Tony Hwang February 7th 04 05:20 PM

Tom Dearst wrote:

Gentlemen, My star cat has chewed through(shorted out?) my wife's ps/2 mouse
cable ; O My cats OK. It wasn't one of those National Lampoon Christmas
vacation movies with the cat behind the Christmas tree...lol
I can no longer use the ps/2 mouse port, says keyboard is not present, but
the keyboard works fine. I tried installing a new ps/2 mouse with the same
results. ps/2 port went south for good it looks like. However, if I use a
usb mouse everything is OK with no errors. My question is, can the ps/2 port
be repaired somehow? Is there a stuck bit somewhere? I know I should and
will be content with the usb mouse but, I would like my ps/2 port back. I
remember back in the early 90's when some mobos had a micro fuse. Any
components level experts out there?

TX
Tom

Hi,
There may be a micro fuse for PS2 mouse port. Right behind the connector
on the motherboard. It may have blown.
Tony