HardwareBanter

-   -   Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=116423)

Shaz x x x January 4th 06 10:26 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
Samsung 80gig SATA HD
2Gig Dual memory
17 '' tft Hercules monitor

I have got the above specs but I have a problem when the pc is turned on
first thing in the day..... Everything starts fine, when I get the log on to
windows screen I can log on. But then I get some of the screen showing some
tiny white dotted areas, I can still continue to log on.
Windows start even tho its slow anyway..... when all my icons show on
desktop after a couple of minutes I get columns of the tiny white dots all
across my screen and then the screen goes completely black although pc is
still running so I have to hit the off button to close it down.
When I reboot the pc it runs perfect.

I don't think its the monitor has it was fine until I built this pc which is
about 2 months old and has been doing it since then.. Has its a new pc I
have installed the latest drivers for everything
Any Ideas would be appreciated

Shaz x x x

Slick the Original January 5th 06 01:33 AM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

"Shaz x x x" wrote in message
[...]

Daft question, but have you plugged in the power to the card, I believe this
card needs 2 molex?
What about core clock speeds, have these been changed in windows?
Is the voltage setting correct in the bios?

SlicK

Michael Tipotsch January 5th 06 03:10 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Slick the Original schrieb:
"Shaz x x x" wrote
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

Daft question, but have you plugged in the power to the card, I believe this
card needs 2 molex?

It needs one PCIe Molex connector.

Cu, Michael

Slick the Original January 5th 06 06:29 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

"Michael Tipotsch" wrote in message
Slick the Original schrieb:
"Shaz x x x" wrote
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

Daft question, but have you plugged in the power to the card, I believe

this
card needs 2 molex?

It needs one PCIe Molex connector.

Cu, Michael

So why does the power splitter/connecter come with 2 molex sockets?
My 6800GS has 2 also the 6800 ultra does.
http://www.nvnews.net/previews/gefor...nnectors_s.jpg

Miltion January 5th 06 07:26 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Plug in some extra power if you want to overclock. Can't hurt !!!

Welli think it can't :)

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:29:48 GMT, "Slick the Original"
wrote:

"Michael Tipotsch" wrote in message
Slick the Original schrieb:
"Shaz x x x" wrote
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

Shaz x x x January 5th 06 08:13 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Just to say thanks guys I will look into some of the suggestions
cheers again :o)

shaz x x x

wrote:

"Michael Tipotsch" wrote in message
Slick the Original schrieb:
"Shaz x x x" wrote
Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

The Black Wibble January 6th 06 02:50 AM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

"Shaz x x x" wrote in message
[...]

Try underclocking your card's 2D clock just to see if the dots disappear.

Here is the CoolBits registry hack which exposes a clock frequency
adjustment facility in nVidia Settings.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...t=815#download

Tony.

Michael Tipotsch January 7th 06 09:17 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Slick the Original schrieb:
"Michael Tipotsch" wrote in message

Slick the Original schrieb:

"Shaz x x x" wrote

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

Daft question, but have you plugged in the power to the card, I believe

this

card needs 2 molex?

It needs one PCIe Molex connector.

Cu, Michael

So why does the power splitter/connecter come with 2 molex sockets?
My 6800GS has 2 also the 6800 ultra does.
http://www.nvnews.net/previews/gefor...nnectors_s.jpg

Sorry, I didn't know that the GS is also available for AGP now.

Cu, Michael

Shaz x x x January 8th 06 05:09 PM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS help

Slick the Original schrieb:
"Michael Tipotsch" wrote in message

Slick the Original schrieb:

"Shaz x x x" wrote

Nvidia Geforce 6800 GS

Daft question, but have you plugged in the power to the card, I believe

this

card needs 2 molex?

It needs one PCIe Molex connector.

Yes Yes and yes
evan done driver updates and still haveing the problem

shaz x x x