HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (S)VCD chapter point software? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=28358)

Peter_L February 9th 05 08:21 PM

(S)VCD chapter point software?

Hi
Have you tried VCDEasy?
it supports adding chapters to existing movies.
Regards
Peter

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Anyone know of a freeware that can easily insert chapter points
for a VCD or SVCD?? Or alternatively, something like PGCEdit
for VCD and SVCD?? All I'm trying to do is burn (S)VCDs with
chapters so that the Next and Prev buttons on my DVD player
remote go to the next and previous chapters, not to the menu.

As of now, the only way I've found is to use TMPGEnc to make
separate files to add into a Nero Burning Rom compilation.
It would be much nicer just to pick chapter points, but
apparently NeroVision Express is broken. The Next
and Prev buttons insist on going to the Menu instead
of the chapters.

TIA

Stuart Miller February 9th 05 08:33 PM

wrote in message
Anyone know of a freeware that can easily insert chapter points
for a VCD or SVCD?? Or alternatively, something like PGCEdit
for VCD and SVCD?? All I'm trying to do is burn (S)VCDs with
chapters so that the Next and Prev buttons on my DVD player
remote go to the next and previous chapters, not to the menu.

As of now, the only way I've found is to use TMPGEnc to make
separate files to add into a Nero Burning Rom compilation.
It would be much nicer just to pick chapter points, but
apparently NeroVision Express is broken. The Next
and Prev buttons insist on going to the Menu instead
of the chapters.

TIA

As I recall the specs for vcd, you can not make a dvd style menu. You can
put in chapter or break points, but they must be accessed through the number
pad. ie 1 2 3 etc.
You may want to do some more research on this.
I think that was in the pinnacle studio docs - will check that when I can
find the book.

Stuart