HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   duron 1400 problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=12982)

Michael Brown December 6th 03 05:59 PM

tomek184 wrote:
Hi,
I have duron 1400 appleberd. And when i try change the multiplier in
the bios nothing happens (MSI 745 ULTRA). What is wrong?

If it's past week 39, then you've probably got a die-locked CPU. Ie: there's
no way to change the multiplier. I'd be kinda interested to see what the
three lines of codes on the CPU are though :)

Also i want
to paint L2 bridge to change my duron to athlon XP.

If you've got a die-locked CPU, and if the applebreds are like the Thortons,
you won't be able to re-enable the cache either.

Can i only paint
the hole after the laser?
Maybe someone will help me with www addresses? Thanks for any halpful
materials.
best regards.

--
Michael Brown

tomek184 December 6th 03 10:40 PM

duron 1400 problem

Hi,
I have duron 1400 appleberd. And when i try change the multiplier in the
bios nothing happens (MSI 745 ULTRA). What is wrong? Also i want to paint L2
bridge to change my duron to athlon XP. Can i only paint the hole after the

Michael Brown December 7th 03 08:40 AM

tomek184 wrote:
If it's past week 39, then you've probably got a die-locked CPU. Ie:
there's no way to change the multiplier. I'd be kinda interested to
see what the three lines of codes on the CPU are though :)

Unfortunetely it's week is 44 :(
Anyway, thanks for the help

Could you post the three lines of code? (AXDA etc)

--
Michael Brown

tomek184 December 7th 03 10:45 PM

Could you post the three lines of code? (AXDA etc)

No problem
DHD1400DLV1C Z362897190027 MIXIB0344TPMW

Markoff.tk December 17th 03 12:59 AM

"tomek184" píše v diskusním příspěvku
I have duron 1400 appleberd. And when i try change the multiplier in the
bios nothing happens (MSI 745 ULTRA). What is wrong? Also i want to paint

L2
bridge to change my duron to athlon XP. Can i only paint the hole after

the
laser?

Your CPU must not be locked, but maybe it just can't be there changed
multiplier via BIOS. I have few expercienes that same Duron was unlocked on
motherboard where was changed multiplier via jumpers/DIP switches on board
could not be changed in BIOS. There is a simple way to set multiplier which
you want (like me, my board knows multipliers just to 12.5x), look at wires
in socket at www.ocinside.de, their method works on Duron. Maybe if you are
familiar with czech language you can try our OC forum
www.overclocking.cz/4um/

Markoff.tk
http://markoff.tk - weblog mainly about PC