HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The king is dead, long live the king? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=13728)

Moods February 21st 04 07:14 PM

The king is dead, long live the king?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/2/200...ary/7151.shtml

So this thing is the new 'bang for the buck'?
How can I be sure it'll work flawlesly if I drop it in my a7n8x?
It's running default at 1.45 volts, does my motherbord support this?
I'm ordering it right away if someone can tell me it'll work! l-)
Thx,..

--
Ugh!

BigBadger February 21st 04 08:06 PM

Not always all they are cracked up to be I'm afraid. I'm running one right
now (XP2500+ Mobile) and even pumping 2.1V into it I can't get it stable at
2500 MHz...my old locked XP2600+ does 2595 MHz using the same voltage.
What you need to look for is the later week CPU's i.e. week 46 or later
(IQZFA and IQYFA code)...they are the ones that are overclocking real well,
desktop or mobile. The mobile CPU's do have the advantage of being unlocked
though.