HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A8N-E_BiosUpdate (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=107190)

name September 16th 05 03:07 AM

A8N-E_BiosUpdate

I don't want create a long, complicated thread, just want to know if Bios
Update 1008 is OK. I updated the chipset drivers (V6665) and no problem.
I'm not running RAID and I have fairly standard hardware.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

TIA,
john

Gordy September 16th 05 04:50 AM

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:07:43 GMT, "name" wrote:

I don't want create a long, complicated thread, just want to know if Bios
Update 1008 is OK. I updated the chipset drivers (V6665) and no problem.
I'm not running RAID and I have fairly standard hardware.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

TIA,
john

I installed the 665 drivers then BIOS to 1008.
Launching applications caused blue screens, memory dumps and reboots.
My onlly fix was to re-install the drivers that came with my install
disk. Still running BIOS 1008.
I see that Asus have a new beta BIOS 1009 now.
No notes on what this does.

Gordy

Gordy September 16th 05 04:52 AM

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:07:43 GMT, "name" wrote:

I don't want create a long, complicated thread, just want to know if Bios
Update 1008 is OK. I updated the chipset drivers (V6665) and no problem.
I'm not running RAID and I have fairly standard hardware.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

TIA,
john

Must add that BIOS 1008 seems okay for what I do.

Gordy