HardwareBanter

-   -   45.23 Drivers & Stuttering Windows Startup Sound (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50233)

Pullit August 16th 03 07:59 AM

45.23 Drivers & Stuttering Windows Startup Sound

Ignoring any other performance issues, do the current release drivers
(45.23) fix the stuttering startup sound in Windows XP that has been
prevalent throughout the 4x.xx series of drivers?

Alexander Freudenberg August 16th 03 08:07 AM

"Pullit" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Ignoring any other performance issues, do the current
release drivers (45.23) fix the stuttering startup sound
in Windows XP that has been prevalent throughout the 4x.xx
series of drivers?

At least in the fix list there is no hint that they fixed this:

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/4...tes_v45.23.pdf

Are you sure that this is caused by the driver? Execute DXDIAG and make sure
that the sound acceleration slider is set to the maximum.
AF.

Naked Women August 16th 03 03:32 PM

I installed the 45.23 display drivers in winxp,. They seemed to have
solved that stuttering problem.
So the display drivers seem to be getting better..good luck all.

My system:
Intel Pentium 4 Processor (Northwood) 2.66GHz, 533MHz FSB, Socket 478
Asus p4pe Intel 845PE - black pearl
Corsair CMX512 3200C2PT 512MB DDR400 PC3200 XMS Memory
Geforce FX v9900 5800 none ultra
Western Digital drives

Shaun August 20th 03 03:26 AM

I'd be updating your sound drivers for that issue...