HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A7V8X and Geforce FX5200 issues (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=25745)

Bruno June 28th 03 09:06 PM

A7V8X and Geforce FX5200 issues

Hi Mike,

you were right: the issue came from the power supply.
I did change the MoBo and had similar problems until I tried with a
300W power supply of better quality than the 400W I had. Now that
works fine.

Thanks again for your help.
Bruno

(Bruno) wrote in message . com...
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answers.
I've got the FX5200 Ultra (did not mention it) but there's no external
source of power.
The PSU is new, in fact the whole configuration is less than 15 days
old.
I've tried disconnecting the 2 fans I've got on the chassis without
success, one is powered by the mother board while the other is powered
by the PSU itself. The other PC I've got has much PCI boards inside
than this one and a 350W power supply is enough (a 300W was not, it
died 5 minutes after I've added the FX5200)
The issue is I can't disconnect anything else... except the mother
board. And that's definitely what I'm going to do.
When I'll have the new one installed, I'll keep you informed.

"Mike Gorman" wrote in message news:GwgIa.30880$vq.5758@sccrnsc04...
Sounds like you've got a great setup there. I hope you have the FX5200
hooked up to the power supply. Assuming you do you may have some power
issues. The PSU sounds appropriate but how old is it? After a while they do
start to wear down. One thing would be to try disconnecting some devices to
see if it is a problem with getting enough juice.

Seeing as you tried it in two different motherboard then I would say you
should think about returning that puppy. Go for the fx 5200 Ultra at least
or a high end Geforce 4, which will actually perform faster in many cases.