HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Lexmark Z65 with tray one light flashing (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=150074)

JohnF April 28th 07 11:40 PM

Lexmark Z65 with tray one light flashing

Friend's z65 printer just won't work.

The computer (WinXP) show the messaage "Can't communicate with printer...".
Even after removing and reinstalling the drivers.

USB cable is good.

Without even connecting to the computer, I expect the printer to permit
change of ink cartridges.

I turn on the printer, the carriage moves a few inches away from park and
then scoots right back. The "tray 1" light flashes steadily.

I open the front door, and the carriage remains parked rather than moving to
the center of the opening so I can reach the cartridges.

Any thoughts?

Brendan R. Wehrung April 29th 07 03:33 AM

"JohnF" ) writes:
Friend's z65 printer just won't work.

The computer (WinXP) show the messaage "Can't communicate with printer...".
Even after removing and reinstalling the drivers.

USB cable is good.

Without even connecting to the computer, I expect the printer to permit
change of ink cartridges.

I turn on the printer, the carriage moves a few inches away from park and
then scoots right back. The "tray 1" light flashes steadily.

I open the front door, and the carriage remains parked rather than moving to
the center of the opening so I can reach the cartridges.

Any thoughts?

I've never had this problem but I'd try plugging the USB cable directly
into the computer instead of through a hub, if that's where it is now.
All the lexmarks I've had have been finicky at times about how they are
conncected. Usually I could go back to the old connection after a day.

Also look for a bit of paper in in the tray 1 path. Their software is
rather dumb (or dumbed down) and throws up it's figurative hands when
everything isn't perfect.

Brendan