HardwareBanter

-   Acer Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Acer 1520 series (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=187429)

Alain Dekker January 9th 11 11:54 PM

Acer 1520 series

Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.

Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Very rare and very worrying.

Regards,
Alain

Michel[_3_] January 10th 11 05:58 AM

Acer 1520 series

Le 10/01/2011 00:54, Alain Dekker a écrit :
Not sure if this is an active newsgroup.

Have a Acer 1524WLMi which I've had for about 6 years. Works great, except
for one thing. I've set up a BIOS password. After showing the BIOS bootup
screen, I get a black screen with a blue box in the centre saying "Please
enter password". There is a blinking cursor where the entry is. 999 out of
1000 times, I enter the password, and Windows XP loads fine. But about once
every thousand times, I'll be entering the password and the cursor will stop
blinking and a few seconds later the laptop will power off. Once this
happens, it will probably happen a few times. If I leave the laptop alone
for a few hours, it usually recovers.

Search in this site:
http://www.acerlaptoprepairs.info/aspire-1360-1520/