HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   LG CD/RW conflict !!! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=70414)

Jarek May 13th 04 12:14 PM

LG CD/RW conflict !!!

Hello

Since I have upgraded my computer to Athlon 2000 XP / Soltek 75FRN2-L
i noticed a problem with my CD-RW. My WinXP Pro boot time (and shut
down) is about 5-6 min !!!
When i disconnect it, everything is just fine. I've tried every
configuration with jumpers and cables. Every time i try to do sth with
cd-rw computer slows down alot !!!. I get an error (in control panel)
saying that device ( \Device\Ide\IdePort1) doesn't response in time
limit.

How to make my CD-RW work normaly ???

PS, and of course I cant write CD's

--
Jarek

Aaron May 14th 04 04:04 AM

(Jarek) wrote in message . com...
Hello

Since I have upgraded my computer to Athlon 2000 XP / Soltek 75FRN2-L
i noticed a problem with my CD-RW. My WinXP Pro boot time (and shut
down) is about 5-6 min !!!
When i disconnect it, everything is just fine. I've tried every
configuration with jumpers and cables. Every time i try to do sth with
cd-rw computer slows down alot !!!. I get an error (in control panel)
saying that device ( \Device\Ide\IdePort1) doesn't response in time
limit.

How to make my CD-RW work normaly ???

PS, and of course I cant write CD's

A few things to try:

Update drivers
Boot using startup disk with CD support, see if drive works then (will
frame Windows (or drivers) as the culprit)
Try different cables/power connectors/power supply (not likely PS
problem)

Aaron