HardwareBanter

-   -   new video card choices..need advice? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49328)

M. A. Murr June 22nd 03 07:49 PM

new video card choices..need advice?

Thanks for the input John. I think I will go with the FX series card for the
time being.
"John Lynch, Jr." wrote in message

"M. A. Murr" wrote in message
I am looking for a new card to replace my aging card. I have 2 Asus

models
in mind but, not sure which one would be best. I am looking at the Asus
V9280TD (Geforce 4 ti-4200) and the Asus V9560 Video Suite (geforce FX
5600). I am a gamer so I want to be at least a little future

proof..Which
one of these should offer the best game performance. I have read great
things about both so I was needing some input from actual users or from
those who know more than I do about these things. Thanks alot.

Mike

I have a GF4 Ti4200 OEM, very fast, but not fully DX-9 compliant. Will be
looking at the Fx's after Half Life 2 comes out.