HardwareBanter

-   Abit Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Checksum error & Abit KR74-133 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=130129)

Paul Isaacs July 2nd 06 12:05 AM

Checksum error & Abit KR74-133

I don't use this computer much, but when I last turned it on a month ago it
was fine. Turned it on yesterday and got a checksum cmos error on boot up.
It will boot, however, using the system defaults and everything seems to be
ok when WinXP loads. But when I try to make any changes in the bios setup,
the computer goes dead, except for power and fans, and the only way I get it
going again is by clearing the cmos with the jumper.

The only thing I can think of is that the processor speed is not correct,
but when I try to change it like I say, the computer goes dead. Even when I
go into setup and don't change anything, it goes dea and I need to clear the
cmos.

Any ideas?