HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   UX302L: Keeping Battery at 50% ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=196020)

(PeteCresswell) November 21st 15 11:53 PM

UX302L: Keeping Battery at 50% ?

Recently read some credible comments to the effect that Li batteries
last longer if kept at 50% rather than 100%.

My UX302L rarely goes off of AC and when it does it usually needs to
last less than an hour on battery power.

So....

Is there anything I can run that will tell Asus' battery manager to keep
the battery at 50% instead of 100% ?

Or am I getting spun up over a non-issue ?
--
Pete Cresswell

Charlie Hoffpauir November 22nd 15 01:12 AM

UX302L: Keeping Battery at 50% ?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:53:13 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Recently read some credible comments to the effect that Li batteries
last longer if kept at 50% rather than 100%.

My UX302L rarely goes off of AC and when it does it usually needs to
last less than an hour on battery power.

So....

Is there anything I can run that will tell Asus' battery manager to keep
the battery at 50% instead of 100% ?

Or am I getting spun up over a non-issue ?

It's probably an issue. My Samsung laptop has an option to stop
charging at 80 %. There's no option to set another limit, it's just
80% or let it go to 100. but they state that it's for longer battery
life if you limit it to 80%.

Paul November 22nd 15 08:06 AM

wrote:

Recently read some credible comments to the effect that Li batteries
last longer if kept at 50% rather than 100%.

My UX302L rarely goes off of AC and when it does it usually needs to
last less than an hour on battery power.

So....

Is there anything I can run that will tell Asus' battery manager to keep
the battery at 50% instead of 100% ?

Or am I getting spun up over a non-issue ?

It's probably an issue. My Samsung laptop has an option to stop
charging at 80 %. There's no option to set another limit, it's just
80% or let it go to 100. but they state that it's for longer battery
life if you limit it to 80%.

Look at the first graph here. The laptop is likely
not doing Stage 2, to achieve that 80% objective.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/lea..._ion_batteries

Paul