HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Perhaps and off topic question....but could use some help with video question.....I don't need codec help, just a general question. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=137517)

Bret Miller October 13th 06 12:23 AM

Perhaps and off topic question....but could use some help with video question.....I don't need codec help, just a general question.

I will start by saying that my computer, such as it is, is home built.
Maybe cobbled together would be a better term. The case is a big ugly
thing on 4 wheels, the sides open on hinges and lock closed. The
keyboard and floppy drives are from my first Packard Bell 386
computer.

Anyway, I claim Homebuilt status and recognition. Any naysayers?

My question is this....why do certain video ask for a license before
they will allow me to play them using WMP? I do not download the
licenses and I don't think I should but I don't know why I shouldn't.

Also, many of the MOV files open web pages. Besides disconnecting
from the net, how can I stop this ( short of not opening MOV files)?

Thanks

Beth