HardwareBanter

-   -   win 9x/me forceware drivers? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=51913)

J. J. Taylor November 19th 03 08:09 PM

win 9x/me forceware drivers?

Is nVidia just like totally blowing off us Win98SE users?

I've seen some links that claim to be ForceWare for win9x/me, but all the
links are broken.

Do they at least PLAN on coming out with FW drivers for this OS?

J. J. Taylor

chrisrobin November 19th 03 08:23 PM

beware people will tell you just to upgrade to xp. hell with that. I found
the 2.41 drivers broke my rear speaker connection and sounds were
accelerated so fast could hardly tell what was beening played. going back to
the driver on disk that came with mb my 4 speaker system comes back but the
accelerate sound persit till i nock down the sound acceleration 2 notchs to
fix that. windows xp does run normal with out the above problems with 3.13
drivers. really wish they would release a newer driver to fix those
problems. they still putin out video driver for 98, wth

Joe Pyles November 19th 03 11:26 PM

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:09:10 -0700, "J. J. Taylor"
wrote:

Is nVidia just like totally blowing off us Win98SE users?

I've seen some links that claim to be ForceWare for win9x/me, but all the
links are broken.

Do they at least PLAN on coming out with FW drivers for this OS?

J. J. Taylor

ftp://evga.com/5270ME.exe

J. J. Taylor November 20th 03 01:33 AM

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I get an error connecting to the ftp
server. Hopefully it's just because the server is to it's maximum capacity.
I'll have to try later. It wouldn't be b/c of my Linksys router/firewall
would it??

J. J. Taylor

Joe Pyles November 20th 03 10:57 PM

the evga site is having some problems I had to hit refresh about 10
times to get it to download

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:33:02 -0700, "J. J. Taylor"
wrote:

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I get an error connecting to the ftp
server. Hopefully it's just because the server is to it's maximum capacity.
I'll have to try later. It wouldn't be b/c of my Linksys router/firewall
would it??

J. J. Taylor

.. .