HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Newbie overclocking question... (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=16884)

Humja August 14th 04 01:03 PM

Newbie overclocking question...

Why does overclocking not make media files/games/clocks go faster? Eg, if I
overclock by 2x the default why doesn't the clock go 2x as fast OR I shoot
2x as fast in Unreal Tournament 2004?

Is there another chip that makes *real TIME* constant?

BigBadger August 14th 04 03:08 PM

For the same reason that the clock on a XP3200+ system does not go twice as
fast as a XP1600+ system.... Yes.. there is a 'real time clock' built in...
thas can however be interfered with by some types of software, usually for
the purpose of cheating on games and benchmarks.