HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Problems with GA-K8N51PVMT-9? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=123460)

Justin Baker March 26th 06 04:46 PM

Problems with GA-K8N51PVMT-9?

Hi,

I've just ordered one of these boards and I've been reading about problems
with getting them to POST and with BSODs. I've read that there are bad
batches of these boards with bad capacitors.

Can anyone tell me if there is/was indeed a problem and whether Gigabyte
have resolved it yet?

Thanks,

JB

Justin Baker April 4th 06 07:48 PM

Answered my own question!

Sent the GA-K8N51PVMT-9 back to Ebuyer today. It's a shame, I really like
the board, but it has all the problems I've read about.

From what I've read on various forums, Gigabyte in the US have acknowledged
the problem and are sending out fixed boards, unfortunately Gigabyte in the
UK do not seem to be aware of any fault.