HardwareBanter

-   -   Gigabyte 8INXP Mainboard and bad 3DMark03 Results (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49930)

Monster July 27th 03 11:14 PM

Gigabyte 8INXP Mainboard and bad 3DMark03 Results

Hello,

I have the following,,,
Mainboard: Gigabyte 8INXP (latest drivers)
CPU: P-4 2.8
Graphics: Creative Blaster 5 FX5200 Ultra (128mb) (latest drivers)
RAM: 512 2100 (Crucial Technologies)
CD-ROM: Plextor 16/10/40A
HDD: 120Gig Western Digital (8mb buffer)
Other PCI cards: Hauppauge Win Capure card
OS: Windows XP Pro

With 4 x case fans for good cooling.

No areas are overclocked and no problems getting things running.

I decided to do a performance check using 3DMark03 and I was some what
not happy with the results for this spec system at the side of some of
the other results I have seen.

I get a score between 1590 - 1595 max and was wondering how I can make
this better of or anyone knows the reasons for this..... i'm just
baseing this on what i've read and it ain't that good of score????

I'm wondering if this problem is related around the AGP on the board or
the graphics card.. I have checked out all the manufac's web sites and
nothing to help me.

Thanks for any help.

neon July 28th 03 03:30 AM

Easy answer - get a Radeon 9700. Seriously, before you flame me, it was the
best $220.00 I ever spent. I've always been Nvidia since my beloved GeForce
2 GTS card replaced my crappy Voodoo 5500 (worst $300.00 I ever spent).
Now....well, I gotta let my dollars do the talking.

I'm getting 4300+ score on 3DMark03, and my processor is slower than yours.
The same system only scored 1539 with a Ti4400 card. You can see my score
he
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=990828

My current rig:
MB - Intel D845PEBT2
CPU: P4 2.53ghz
Graphics: Sapphire Atlantis 9700 Non-Pro
Ram: 512mb Corsair PC3200
CD-Rom Burner: TDK 40x VeloCD
DVD: Lite-On
HDD's: (2) Western Digital 80 Meg (8mb cache)
Audio: SB Audigy
OS: WinXP Pro

Above MB soon to be replaced with and Intel D875PBZ and processor upgraded
to 3ghz HT chip. I can't wait. :-)

Good luck,
Neon