HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wake from Hibnernation ? for P4p800-D & A7V8X-X (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=29902)

harry December 21st 03 07:20 PM

Wake from Hibnernation ? for P4p800-D & A7V8X-X

I have both of these mobo's + winxp + lastest sp's, bios's etc

1. can these boards be awaken from hibernation with the keyboard, like space
bar etc, i tried setting it in the bios but it still doesn't work, i have to
press the power button to wake them up?

2. on the A7V8X-x = i told winxp to allow the built in Network card to be
awaken from hibernation by a remote user in the
system/properities/devies/network setting under power management. However
whenever i try to connect to ie via a network, such as by using the remote
desktop, it doesn't wake up.

Thanks

Tim December 22nd 03 10:22 AM

Harry,

May be wrong but, I think what you are trying to do applies to Standby, not
Hybernation.
IE if you put the system into standby, then the actions you describe would /
should work.

HTH
- Tim

ble.rogers.com...

harry December 23rd 03 04:17 AM

Ya Tim, they both wake up from standby no problem, but i'm pretty sure there
was a bios option to awake from hibernation with space-bar key if i'm not
mistaken?

"Tim" wrote in message ...
Harry,

May be wrong but, I think what you are trying to do applies to Standby,

not
Hybernation.
IE if you put the system into standby, then the actions you describe would

/
should work.

HTH
- Tim