HardwareBanter

-   Asus Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Newsgroup FUN! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=26158)

Seth July 12th 03 07:09 AM

Newsgroup FUN!

Whee! Newsgroups are pretty fun, I think you'd probably love them since you
like forums so much. They have Warcraft and Blizzard newsgroups too you
could subscribe to. Pretty much anything imaginable they have, like MSI
newsgroup for answering MSI motherboard probs, etc, etc.

After I subscribed to the Asus newsgroup I just clicked on my Asus newsgroup
in Outlook, went up to Tools - Get Next 300 Headers. That gave me 3 more
days of messages, and just did that a couple times and got the messages I
was looking for.

Seffy!

Seth July 12th 03 07:15 AM

Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and not to
this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that message off the
newsgroup?

Seth

Bill July 12th 03 07:41 AM

In article ,
says...
Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and not to
this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that message off the
newsgroup?

Seth

In all practicality... No. Most News services don't acknowlege
cancels any more. You can get it removed from Google's archives if you
follow the procedure described on one of their pages somewhere. I've
never bothered.

OTOH, your post wasn't anything I'd worry about. Everybody was new
once. :)

Bill

n/a July 12th 03 01:29 PM

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:17:57 GMT, "Justin Alias" wrote:

x-no-archive: yes

Bill wrote:

In article ,
says...
Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and
not to this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that
message off the newsgroup?

Seth

OTOH, your post wasn't anything I'd worry about. Everybody was new
once. :)

Bill

I agree; don't sweat it, Seth, there is nothing in that message to be
concerned about.

except maybe using Outlook for a reader. Try Agent, you'll like it
better.

Matt Larkin July 15th 03 12:33 PM

"Seth" wrote in message ...
Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and not to
this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that message off the
newsgroup?

Seth

Actually, when I actually read your message it looked as if you were
trying to find answers to questions through newsgroups. I can't
recommend groups.google.com enough if that's what you are after - all
the benefits google's normal searching capability, directed at the
newsgroups instead.

As I'm at work writing this, and they don't allow nntp connections
here, I can also post as well as just catch up on items in the ng.
Apart from the lack of anonymous posting ability (you have to give a
valid e-mail address to sign up) it's almost better than a dedicated
news client on your pc!

Matt (a newbie back in 1994 on usenet)

milkmonitor July 17th 03 07:25 PM

If you need to delte a mail and you're using IE6, first highlight the
message and go to MessageCancel message.

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Seth"

wrote:
Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and not

this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that message off

the
newsgroup?

Seth

Hehehe, we have ALL did this one time in our lives

GMAN July 19th 03 08:02 AM

In article , "milkmonitor" wrote:
If you need to delte a mail and you're using IE6, first highlight the
message and go to MessageCancel message.

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Seth"

wrote:
Errr...Crap please disregard that, meant to send it to my friend and not

this entire newsgroup. Is there a way for me to delete that message off

the
newsgroup?

Seth

Hehehe, we have ALL did this one time in our lives

But most ISP's i hve come across dont allow cancel posts anymore.