HardwareBanter

-   Ati Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=176249)

First of One[_2_] March 7th 09 04:42 PM

Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards

Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards (everything up to and
including the X1K cards)
http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=25035

Not really big news, as AMD stopped adding features for the older cards a
long time ago. nVidia has been quietly dropping older Geforces in its
Forceware drivers for some time now.

In other news, XFX shows off a passively-cooled Radeon 4650.
http://news.ati-forum.de/index.php/n...n-kuehlloesung

Tony DiMarzio March 8th 09 12:39 AM

Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards

Hopefully Cat 9.3 fixes WMV9 DXVA in Vista 64 on X1K cards. If not, I'll
just have another good reason to upgrade.

Tony

First of One[_2_] March 8th 09 09:55 PM

Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards

Come to think of it, did AMD ever fix the pixellation issue with
depth-of-field in Mass Effect? As of Catalyst 8.8 on XP, (last release to
detect X1900 CF reliably), it was still broken, forcing me to turn off
depth-of-field through the game's ini file.