HardwareBanter

-   Overclocking AMD Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Windows slowdowns after installing new CPU/RAM... WTF? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=11400)

Optonline June 23rd 03 01:24 PM

Windows slowdowns after installing new CPU/RAM... WTF?

That's funny but I recently transplanted an entire WinXP system from an
AMD/NForce System to an Intel/Intel system without doing a dame thing.
System performance was right where it should be.

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news:pan.2003.06.21.17.08.29.416533@SICKOFSPAMveri zon.net...
On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:50:54 +0100, Tin-Char D'un wrote:

Okay, another update - I flashed my BIOS to v.1004 and the problem

persists,
swapped the RAM out for my old PC2700 and the problem still persists,

take
the processor out and guess what? It works fine. Before I swapped the

CPUs
back to my trusty XP2200+ I started getting random lockups and had to
manually reboot, my internet connection refused to work correctly and
there's a process running in Task Manager (Ctrl, ALT, Del menu) called
'System' which is eating up 97% of my processor usage. Any of this sound
familiar??

Don't run windows, but I've heard you need to run the Win XP repair
program when you change cpu's. Why, I don't have a clue other than it's
MS.