HardwareBanter

-   Cdr (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=24271)

smh September 14th 03 09:51 PM

Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

cRoxio, what's the excuse now? Was it Microsoft, El Nino or God?

From: smh
Subject: TEAC W552E EZCD6
Date: 5/4/03

Are there any reported issues with the above ?
I'm having bad audio extraction rates (i.e. x1) reported.

Don't tell me the infamous "0.9x" DAE Speed bug returned!

============================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)
============================

Easy Coaster Creator 4.0 was released with the following bug:

Major bugs fixed in 4.02 (in 3/00, 7 months after its release):

System Tests for Digital Audio Extraction. Copying audio tracks from
CD to hard disk or CD-R gave much slower results in version 4 than
version 3.x for some CD-ROM drives, so with some systems it was
impossible to copy audio tracks directly from CD to CD-R.

[ In plain language, the System Tests gives "0.9x" as the DAE speed
of most, if not all, CD drives. (Acraptec tacitly acknowledged
that ALL IDE CD drives were affected by the bug.) ]

The reason why Ezcd 4.0 was released with such a bug is this:
=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: Acraptec Gibberish 101 and === More LIES ===
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

Mikey Richter's weasel excuses why beta test did not find the bug a

======================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: ****ty Beta Testing at Roxio-Adaptec
Date: 4/6/02

What is the point of beta testing at all
if you do not use representative sample of burners in use.

Not all beta testers use Plextors or SCSI, but while I was testing
for them, many of us did.
======================

Beta testers did not find the bug because "many" of them used Plextors
OR scsi!!!

How could beta testers not detect the bug when even Plextor AND scsi had
the bug?

=======================
From: handercrander
Subject: Problems with Easy CD_COPIER 4.0 at 8x
Date: 9/22/99

I have a plextor plexwriter 8/2/20 cd-writer, and
a ultraplex 40max [SCSI] cdrom

With easy cd copier 3.5c I had no problems to copy at 8x speed,
but with the new version it "forces" to copy to the harddisk
first. The same happens at 6x.
I can only copy on the fly at 4x !!!
=======================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

Archie September 14th 03 10:43 PM

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:51:39 GMT, smh wrote:

Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!

as my old mum used to say
IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE
----------------------------

smh September 14th 03 11:03 PM

Archie wrote:

smh wrote:

Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

as my old mum used to say
IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

Well, your old mum ought to know!

Tim Kroesen September 15th 03 02:55 AM

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking and Harassment should you require additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr,a lt.cd-rom
Subject: Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:51:39 GMT
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:398410 alt.cd-rom:164582

smh September 15th 03 03:27 AM

Got no time to respond to this, Timmy?

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Subject: Easy CD Creator's Timestamp Problem on Windows 2000/XP
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

I'd assume other issues take precedence;
not much of a bug IMO anyway...

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
=======================

Harry Tasker September 15th 03 03:59 AM

Hmmm...it seams this jamoke has a new newsgroup site he/she is subscribing
to www.randori.com.

Report abuse to

Since his/her/its post contains a direct threat of physical injury to Mr.
Kroesen, this could place SMH in legal jeopardy.

smh September 15th 03 04:16 AM

Harry Tasker ("Prove" & "Claim" are synonyms) wrote:

Hmmm...it seams this jamoke has a new newsgroup site he/she is subscribing
to www.randori.com.

Report abuse to

Since his/her/its post contains a direct threat of physical injury to Mr.
Kroesen, this could place SMH in legal jeopardy.

And that also *proves*, I suppose, that the following is a libel?

=====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)
=====================================
( Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter? )

Could you take a time off from your pontificating and explain the
"discrepancy" between your posts of (10/31/99) and (3/23/00)?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Subject: Take Two Boot Disk
Date: (10/31/99)

I cannot create an Emergency Boot Floppy disk for Take Two...
Windows 98 2nd Edition

Take Two has problems with its boot disc in NT4;

I'm not surprised if it is also true in Win98 SE ... === Not Always

Then beat up on them for letting it out in that condition. === Beat Up

======================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Subject: Adaptec Take 2 Restore problem
Date: (3/23/00)

smh wrote:
Does Take Two now make boot disk properly?

Take Two always made a valid boot disc for Win9x ... === Always

Does your question not read like the classic:

Have you stopped beating your wife? === Wife Beating
Like that one, yours cannot be answered simply.
======================

----------------------
Mikey, you are a Scum!
----------------------

smh September 15th 03 10:05 AM

From: Mike Richter
Date: 4/6/02

What is the point of beta testing at all
if you do not use representative sample of burners in use.

Not all beta testers use Plextors or SCSI, but while I was testing
for them, many of us did.
======================

Beta testers did not find the bug because "many" of them used SCSI?

Then Pioneer SCSI must not be a SCSI:

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: 8X disk to disk, is it possible?
Date: 11/22/99

I want to do disk to disk at 8X if possible, Easy Cd Creator 4.0
tells me the source drive (a new Pioneer 40X SCSI)

is not fast enough and wants to cache to the hdd first then
write at 8x, defeating the purpose.

As someone else pointed out there is a bug in the systems tests
that is going to be addressed shortly.

Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!

Camper September 15th 03 10:19 AM

Yeh I bet little Sammy is now ****ing his pants!

Harry Tasker September 15th 03 01:10 PM

SMH -

No doof - you've just exposed yourself to the potential of criminal
prosecution