HardwareBanter

-   Scanners (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Canon lide 25 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=189276)

Chris[_21_] July 20th 11 07:01 PM

Canon lide 25

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:43:13 +0100,
wrote:

Has anyone got this scanner to work with windows 7 64 bit.

I'm struggling and could with some help

Chris

Works fine for me... have you downloaded the Win 7 64-bit drivers from
the Canon site?

Chris (a different one!)

[email protected] July 21st 11 06:25 AM

Canon lide 25

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:01:02 +0100, Chris wrote:

Yes have got drivers , but they appear quite old 2006.

What software are you using ?

Chris

Chris[_21_] July 21st 11 11:41 PM

Canon lide 25

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 06:25:10 +0100,
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:01:02 +0100, Chris wrote:

Yes have got drivers , but they appear quite old 2006.

What software are you using ?

Chris

Try these:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...&type=download

and

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...&type=download

They are the latest, and date from 2010. They're the ones I'm
currently using.

Chris.

[email protected] July 22nd 11 09:50 AM

Canon lide 25

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:41:46 +0100, Chris wrote:

Thank you I have loaded drivers ok, the scanner is seen in devices,
but in the canoscan toolbox my scanner is not seen any ideas ?

Chris

Chris[_21_] July 22nd 11 09:45 PM

Canon lide 25

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:41:46 +0100, Chris wrote:

Thank you I have loaded drivers ok, the scanner is seen in devices,
but in the canoscan toolbox my scanner is not seen any ideas ?

Chris

Is it attached to a USB port on the PC itself? ISTR they're not very
happy on USB hubs (not even powered ones).

Does it appear under Imaging devices in Device Manager (Control Panel
- Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Device Manager)? Try
'scan for hardware changes'.

Chris

[email protected] July 22nd 11 10:13 PM

Canon lide 25

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:45:23 +0100, Chris wrote:

Appears under imaging devices in device manager and reports all
working. connected directly to the PC.

When I turn the pc on, the Scanner clicks and the bar moves a little.
its seen by the PC OK , not by the canoscan toolbox or by the scan
program that is part of windows 7.

Chris

Chris[_21_] July 23rd 11 05:03 PM

Canon lide 25

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:13:07 +0100,
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 21:45:23 +0100, Chris wrote:

Appears under imaging devices in device manager and reports all
working. connected directly to the PC.

When I turn the pc on, the Scanner clicks and the bar moves a little.
its seen by the PC OK , not by the canoscan toolbox or by the scan
program that is part of windows 7.

Chris

Hmm - not sure what else to suggest. The clicking and moving on
boot-up is hopeful, as mine does that, too. Oddly, Windows Fax & Scan
doesn't find my scanner, but CanoScan Toolbox certainly does.

The only other thing I can think of is to download the trial version
of Vuescan (
www.hamrick.com) - and see if that recognises your
scanner. Again, like CanoScan, it works fine with my scanner.

Chris.

[email protected] July 24th 11 08:28 AM

Canon lide 25

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:03:50 +0100, Chris wrote:

What version of toolbox are you using, im trying to use 5.0

Chris

Chris[_21_] July 24th 11 06:38 PM

Canon lide 25

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 08:28:50 +0100,
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:03:50 +0100, Chris wrote:

What version of toolbox are you using, im trying to use 5.0

Chris

The shortcut to mine says it's 4.9 - but whatever, it's what I
downloaded from the Canon when I installed Win 7 64 bit. (And that
was only a couple of months ago.)

Chris.