HardwareBanter

-   -   We Need Your Help (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=121347)

Virus Guy March 1st 06 02:08 PM

We Need Your Help

Mike wrote:

We are in the process of building the largest P.C. Tech Based
Forums on the net.

It's been done.

It's called usenet.

Dan March 2nd 06 03:17 AM

We Need Your Help

wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:08:48 -0500, Virus Guy wrote:

Mike wrote:

We are in the process of building the largest P.C. Tech Based
Forums on the net.

It's been done.

It's called usenet.

and it's so much easier than using web forums.

Forums Usenet

:-)

Andrew March 2nd 06 07:17 AM

We Need Your Help

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 03:17:50 GMT, "Dan"
wrote:

Forums Usenet

Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

McGrandpa March 2nd 06 09:50 AM

We Need Your Help

wrote:

Forums Usenet

Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

Right on. Site based forums have their uses, on small scale. I'd still
rather see all of it in the globally propagated 'database'... Usenet.
McG.

Shawk March 3rd 06 05:51 PM

We Need Your Help

wrote:

Forums Usenet

Someone just posted this well put article in another group:
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/rants/webforums.html

As you say - it was well put. Written in May 2003. I doubt the explosion
of the web-based forums since has calmed the guy since....