HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   HDD Led indicator Stays on Constantly (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36786)

Gary Seven July 24th 03 12:29 AM

HDD Led indicator Stays on Constantly

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:27:47 -0400, Gary Seven
wrote:

I have a GA-8IK1100, with a Pacific Digital DVD rom on it. The HDD
LED stays on constantly. I upgraded the BIOS to F6 with no problems
and no change. Is there anything I can do?

OK, I seem to have fixed it by accident. I was fooling around with
the position of each drive, thinking it didn't like two optical drives
on one cable. It stayed on when I had the HD at Master, DVD as slave,
the the CD-RW drive as the lone master on channel 2. Same thing. HDD
light stayed on. So I put everything back, but put the DBD on the
bottom 5.25' bay thus putting in a different position on the cable.
Now I have the DVDrom as master, CD-RW as slave on channel 2 and the
HD as the lone master on channel 1, and the HDD works as expected.
So, those of you googeling for "HDD light stays on when I installed a
DVD" I hope this helps.