HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   lan tester help (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=793)

James August 16th 03 12:28 PM

lan tester help

Hi,
I have just bought a lan tester which came with very little instructions -
let me explain it.
I have a master and a remote box for checking BNC, RJ45, RJ11 + RJ12
Each box has nine lights numbered 1-8 and the last looks like an earth
signal. One is marked RX, the other TX. How do I know if the cable is
working from this?

thanks for any help

S.Heenan August 16th 03 12:50 PM

James wrote:
Hi,
I have just bought a lan tester which came with very little
instructions - let me explain it.
I have a master and a remote box for checking BNC, RJ45, RJ11 + RJ12
Each box has nine lights numbered 1-8 and the last looks like an earth
signal. One is marked RX, the other TX. How do I know if the cable is
working from this?

thanks for any help

RX is Receive and TX is Transmit. The LEDs correspond to the individual
wires.
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated