HardwareBanter

-   -   Geforce 4 Ti 4200 Problems (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49594)

Shepİ July 7th 03 03:06 AM

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 Problems

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 19:38:44 +0100, In this world we created "Sharanga
Dayananda" wrote :

Hi

I seem to be having problems with an MSI GF4 Ti4200 ( AGPx4, 64 MB ) on an
Athlon XP 2000 system with a GA-7-DXE mobo.

The symptoms are that OpenGl works fine under W98SE, but doesn't under XP.
Direct3d doesn't work at all under both OSs. The AMD AGP GART is installed
under W98, don't think it's necessary under 98.

Direct3d apps, like 3dmark crash after a random amount of time or lock up
the box ( under both OSs ) games do not run or run in slow mo. Had similar
problems with a geforce 2 Ultra. However the GF2 ran fine under W98.

The specs are as follows:

Athlon XP 2000
Gigabyte Ga-7-DXE mobo
256 MB PC 2100 RAM
MSI GeForce 4 Ti 4200 ( AGPx4, 64 MB )
SB Live! 5.1
Pioneer DVD-116S

Win XP, Win98 SE
Detonator 44.03 ( seems worse with older dets ).
Latest AMD AGP patch and Via 4 in 1

Thanks in advance
Sharanga

Download and install the free,"Rivatuner"
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
Use it to go through all your D3D and OGL settings.It has a built in
hidden registry repair/checker.It's fixed problems on my system from
time to time with certain Detonator driver updates that can damage
registry entries.
It's a great piece of software anyway as I use it's,"Launcher" to set
custom gamma settings for dark games using Ctrl+1/Ctrl+2 etc hot keys.
It also contains the XP 60 Hz refresh fix.
All in all superb for free IMHO.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
Free songs download,

Sharanga Dayananda July 7th 03 06:55 AM

Hi
How does it 'lock up'? Might be the same problem.

Machine freezes.
I have a Leadtek Winfast A250 LE 64Mb GF4 ti4200

If I play a 3D game or run a 3D application, the
card seems to shut down (the monitor goes into
standby mode), then the comp locks up.

Not like that. Screen gets corrupted a teeny weeny bit somtimes. The machine
just freezes with a still image or kicks back to the desktop.

Low power? ... ok got a new 400w psu - No luck.
Old (Abit KT7a) mobo? ... got a new KT400 - No luck.
Dodgy ram? ... got new DDR ram.
Overheating? ... New fans and heatsink.
Practically built a whole new base unit dammit :(

I have a 400 W PSU.

Still no go.

That's crap. Looks like I'll be stuck with this for a while.
AMd XP2200 / 512Mb DDR333 / KT400 mobo
CPU = 40c / System = 31c
core= 1.61v / +3.3v= +3.26v
+5v= 4.98v / -5v= -5.29v