HardwareBanter

-   Matrox Videocards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Setting G200 PCI to interlaced refresh on Windows XP (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=48903)

Chuck Tribolet August 11th 03 04:26 PM

Setting G200 PCI to interlaced refresh on Windows XP

My GF has an old Taiwanese copy of an IBM 8514 monitor
that will only do 1024x768 88Hz interlaced. She's upgraded
the computer to Windows XP Home SP1, but we can't find
any way to set the adapter to an interlaced refresh rate.
The adapter is a G200 PCI (I think, might be an original Millennium).
The driver is whatever came with WinXP.

It works fine on WinXP at 800x600 non-interlaced.
It worked fine on Win95 at 1024x768 88Hz Interlaced.

--
Chuck Tribolet

http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/people/triblet

Larc August 11th 03 06:15 PM

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:26:42 -0700, Chuck Tribolet pondered exceedingly, then
took quill in hand and carefully composed...

| My GF has an old Taiwanese copy of an IBM 8514 monitor
| that will only do 1024x768 88Hz interlaced. She's upgraded
| the computer to Windows XP Home SP1, but we can't find
| any way to set the adapter to an interlaced refresh rate.
| The adapter is a G200 PCI (I think, might be an original Millennium).
| The driver is whatever came with WinXP.
|
| It works fine on WinXP at 800x600 non-interlaced.
| It worked fine on Win95 at 1024x768 88Hz Interlaced.

Go here to get the latest XP drivers for the G200:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm

Once all that is done, you should be able to get all the G200-supported settings
the monitor can handle. That wasn't a great monitor when it was new, though,
and it's been far too many years. It was designed more for text under DOS than
a multi-GUI under Windows. I suggest your GF buy a new monitor!

Larc

§§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§