HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CPU Temperature Warning (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=38625)

apocolael September 11th 04 06:05 PM

CPU Temperature Warning

I just rebuilt my computer with the updated version of this
Dual-Athlon MP Gigabyte motherboard. My old one had CPU temp sensors
right inside the CPU sockets, the new one has no visible sensors.
Once I had everything installed and booted it for the first and
second time, the CPU Temperature Warning LED turned on and the
computer shut down immediately (within 3 seconds of turning it on).
The installation booklet mentions nothing about temperature sensors
and has no troubleshooting section. The BIOS has functions to
disable, but seeing as how it doesn't really get that far in bootup,
my options are limited.
All the fans spin up, there doesn't seem to be anything out of place,
there is no jumper setting for this. I don't know what to do. :(

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Lael