HardwareBanter

-   General (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=147245)

Noozer March 6th 07 03:33 PM

Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

Latest nVidia drivers. These only come with the new STUPID nVidia control
panel and there are no options that I can find to disable the nVidia icon in
the task bar, or from the context menu.

How do I do this?

....and how can I get the old control panel at the Display Properties again?

You Know Who ~ March 7th 07 12:55 AM

Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

you can do both in the windows control panel.

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````

Noozer March 7th 07 03:27 AM

Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

I see no option for it in the control panel.

Of course the Windows control panel has "add/remove programs", "windows
firewall", "power options"...etc.

Now, there is an nVidia control panel here, but no options to turn off the
icon. Display properties just say use the nVidia control panel.

Vic Smith March 7th 07 06:09 AM

Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

--Vic

Lez Pawl March 7th 07 06:54 AM

"Noozer" wrote in message
Latest nVidia drivers. These only come with the new STUPID nVidia control
panel and there are no options that I can find to disable the nVidia icon
in the task bar, or from the context menu.

How do I do this?

...and how can I get the old control panel at the Display Properties
again?

right click your backdrop,

select Properties,

select Settings tab,

select your Graphics Card tab.............in my case Quadro FX 1100,

a settings pane will pop out and under the graphics card heading select
Tools.

under Shortcut tools, untick ' Enable taskbar icon'

this is the only way I could find to do same to mine.

Noozer March 8th 07 04:20 AM

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

Thanks... I don't know why it's taken nVidia more than a week NOT to tell me
that.

Definately NOT where I'd expect it.

Vic Smith March 8th 07 05:11 AM

Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 04:20:22 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:27:51 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel
Click on the "View" dropdown.
Uncheck "Notification Tray Icon"

Thanks... I don't know why it's taken nVidia more than a week NOT to tell me
that.

Definately NOT where I'd expect it.

Don't get your hopes up. The icon came back for me on reboot, and
after disabling the nvdia systray DLL in startup (msconfig) and
rebooting, it came back again. Might take a registry change, but
since the icon doesn't bother me, I'm going no further.
BTW, this is NVIDIA Control Panel version 1.2.1.11, my card is the
6800 and the driver is v4_disp (6.14.10.9131 - nVIDIA ForceWare 91.31)
Good luck.

--Vic