HardwareBanter

-   General Hardware (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Boot problems (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=68633)

Navneet Aron November 3rd 03 09:53 PM

Boot problems

Hi group!

I have a desktop which was dual boot (Win XP and Redhat 7.2) I thought
of erasing both the OSes and reinstalling RH 9.0

Since this m/c was already dual boot , it had GRUB.

Now i reinstalled everything by formatting the disk and also i believe
I must have created a new MBR entry.

The copy from CD to hard disk was really slow and during the copy of
3rd disk,it got stuck .At this stage the installation compelted
unsuccessfully.
(Did not give me chance to create boot disk , set Monitor settings
etc)

Now everytime the machine boots, it gets stuck soon after the power ON

No error messages are thrown.

The last thing that appears on screen is

"GRUB"

I do not understand what might be going wrong? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much
Sincerely,
Navneet