HardwareBanter

-   AMD x86-64 Processors (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sabertooth and a AMD 8350 speed issues (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=193786)

Vince Coen[_2_] November 4th 13 06:48 PM

Sabertooth and a AMD 8350 speed issues

Hello All!

Having set up above system I am noticing that loads get very high according
to top/htop but the load is NOT spread between all the cores (it is an 8
core) with 16Gb (1600) Corsait Vengeance Pro Ram.
Is there a setting or two that is not correct in the UEFI bios or in the
Mageia v3 set up that I have not done?

I was expecting a very serious improvement over my older system bsaed
around a Intel Dual 2 Core E6600.

Both systems are/were set to stock speeds e.g., no overclocking as a small
performance increase of 10% etc does not justify the increased risk of
CPU/Ram failures.

Thanks for your help,

Vince