HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Corrupt registry (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=175176)

John Brown[_3_] January 25th 09 11:16 AM

Corrupt registry

Just upgraded a pc....new GA-EP45-DS3L
Problems upgrading Windows XP...won't allow SP2...can't find various
files..although they are where they should be etc.
The more I think about it I believe the problem is to do with...the registry
has become a tad mixed up during installing various software and updates
including Windows as a result of Using D drive not C to locate Windows.
As it won't be the end of the world to loose what I have loaded so far have
come to the conclusion best bet would be to wipe everything and start again
using a C drive.
What's the best (uncomplicated!) way of doing this - including discarding
all old registry details?
Thanks.