HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   western digital (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=20036)

Nitro® May 25th 04 12:49 PM

western digital

Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are they
like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
T.I.A
--
For rent : semi-detatched brain stem, axe required for completion.

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

Nitro® May 25th 04 02:49 PM

"Nitro®" wrote in message
Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are

they
like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
T.I.A
--
For rent : semi-detatched brain stem, axe required for completion.

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

To answer my own question : So far so good. Contacted them via their website
and received an automated response. Shortly received another personal mail
offering many options. But in the end I had to phone them to arrange an RMA.
This was done without problem in less than 5 minutes. Drive is now on it's
way for replacement.
--
For sale : brain cell , hardly used...offers ?

http://thrill.to/jockstrap

philo May 25th 04 04:06 PM

"Nitro®" wrote in message
Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are

they
like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?

very good

i got a replacement in about a week or so
no hassles

just go to their website and follow the instructions

Larc May 25th 04 04:49 PM

On Tue, 25 May 2004 11:49:57 GMT, "Nitro®"
wrote:

| Hi, I have a western digital wd800ab 80Gb drive gone tits up, what are they
| like with regards to RMA's ( UK )?
| T.I.A

WD recently replaced a 40GB HD I'd had for quite a while. With a
credit card number, they two-day shipped the replacement and gave me
30 days to get the defective drive to them. No hassles! :-)

Larc