HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Windows 10 file and printer sharing options are ON by default,and OneDrive is PUBLIC by default, beware! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=199378)

[email protected] January 16th 19 03:54 AM

Windows 10 file and printer sharing options are ON by default,and OneDrive is PUBLIC by default, beware!

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 8:19:57 AM UTC+1, RayLopez99 wrote:
I was recently shocked to find my printer and file sharing options are ON by default in Windows 10 (I thought I had turned them off, but I guess not, or maybe one of the recent Windows 10 upgrades turned them back on, as often happens with software).

Since I'm using a public network, it means all of my public folders and, amazingly, even documents on OneDrive were publicly searchable. Worse, Windows 10 had the "show other devices on network" button turned off, so I did not even know others were on the network until by chance I turned it on and found a bunch of people sharing the public network (this is at a rental building where they use a common router for every floor).

Thanks Windows. All my crap on OneDrive was searchable on this public network and I did not even know it. I was under the impression that since you have to sign onto OneDrive with your Microsoft Outlook password, it's not public, but I guess I was mistaken.

Idiots. The only saving grace is that I've made money off their stock.

RL

Sorry, but this is too funny ?!

What the **** do you think the word "public" means ? =D

Why not simple store it in another root-based folder of your own creation ? ;) =D

(Just to be sure ! =D)

Bye,
Skybuck =D