HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ethernet won't install on 7N-400P (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=37622)

brackets January 3rd 04 12:54 PM

Ethernet won't install on 7N-400P

Hi,

Using a 7N-400P under XP Home SP1.

I've downloaded the latest LAN driver for the MOBO, but when I point the h/w
wizard at it, it says it cannot find the software.

I thought it might be IRQ conflict; Ethernet controller appears to be on PCI
9 - the only share I can see on 9 is ISA ACPI...?

btw, the only card in the box is the AGP graphics board...

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Susan

jpsga January 3rd 04 02:42 PM

I noticed that. When I d/l the software for 6.05 and executed same it made a
new folder called 'driver'. When I ran 'setup ' it complained that it could
not find 'key.ini'. Well, 'key.ini' is in the same folder. I found no
install instructions so I wrote it off to Gigabytes problem.

Doing it your way, you might want to point it to the XP folder in 'driver'.
That folder has a .ini file.
Jim

Toke Lahti January 4th 04 05:51 AM

jpsga wrote:
I noticed that. When I d/l the software for 6.05 and executed same it made a
new folder called 'driver'. When I ran 'setup ' it complained that it could
not find 'key.ini'. Well, 'key.ini' is in the same folder. I found no
install instructions so I wrote it off to Gigabytes problem.

I've used epox, abit, shuttle an msi mb's and I think that gigayte may
have the most features on their mb's but they really have worst service
with drivers. There is no release dates in their website and version
numbers are packet versions, so you really have no way to know if they
are newer than already installed. And of course no instructions or
version histories in packets.

--
___ / ` . Selkämerenkatu 18 A 11
_ _/______ | ` ` . ten.epa FIN-00180 Helsinki Finl

Walt January 4th 04 08:43 AM

I had the same problem..I finally gave up on the on-board NIC. I used an
old NIC I had and
it works like a charm.
For drivers, go to the site of the original developer and get them on the
support/download page.
Geo

Fred January 5th 04 09:12 AM

"brackets" wrote in message
Hi,

Using a 7N-400P under XP Home SP1.

I've downloaded the latest LAN driver for the MOBO, but when I point the

h/w
wizard at it, it says it cannot find the software.

I thought it might be IRQ conflict; Ethernet controller appears to be on

PCI
9 - the only share I can see on 9 is ISA ACPI...?

btw, the only card in the box is the AGP graphics board...

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Susan

Sounds like your NIC has lost its MAC address. Update your BIOS for a fix.
Its a common problem.

brackets January 6th 04 10:12 AM

"Fred" wrote in message
u...

"brackets" wrote in message
Hi,

Using a 7N-400P under XP Home SP1.

I've downloaded the latest LAN driver for the MOBO, but when I point the

h/w
wizard at it, it says it cannot find the software.

I thought it might be IRQ conflict; Ethernet controller appears to be on

PCI
9 - the only share I can see on 9 is ISA ACPI...?

btw, the only card in the box is the AGP graphics board...

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Susan

Sounds like your NIC has lost its MAC address. Update your BIOS for a fix.
Its a common problem.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm on BIOS F12 which is the latest... :-(

Can I input the MAC address manually?

---
Susan