HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Removal Possible of Extra Stuff HP Deskjet 3900 Series ? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=136785)

Martin September 30th 06 06:55 PM

Removal Possible of Extra Stuff HP Deskjet 3900 Series ?

I recently installed my new HP Deskjet 3920 printer using the supplied disc.
I now have"HP Deskjet 3900 Series","HP Imaging Device Functions 5" and "HP
Solutions Centre Imaging Support Tools 5" listed in add and remove programs.

I note "HP Digital Imaging Monitor" automatically starts up with Windows and
I have assorted HP drivers running in "services" even when the printer is
not being used !

I would like to know if other people with Deskjet 3900 series printers have
removed some of the bloatware on their machine (if so what) and still
managed to print successfully.

On another machine with an earlier Deskjet (3420)nothing runs on startup and
nothing running in "services" until the printer is switched on.

Regards,

Martin

[email protected] October 6th 06 11:17 AM

Removal Possible of Extra Stuff HP Deskjet 3900 Series ?

I've successfully uninstalled all other stuff except HP DeskJet 3900
series drivers.
Windows Millenium. Printer still works fine.

Regards,
Jacek