HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   8knxp & silicon vs ICH5R Raid (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=36888)

Ron Zahavi August 19th 03 07:31 PM

8knxp & silicon vs ICH5R Raid

I initially connected my two drives in RAID 0 to the ICH5R with the F5
and they were recognized after I downloaded from Intel the updated
driver and used it during windows XP install. I was experiencing some
problems with one drive (at least the controller was telling I was),
so I switched to the SI controller. It didn't recognize the RAID 0
and I had to reformat and restore from backup, so I assume going the
other direction also won't work.

"Ken" wrote in message . au...
Ive got the 8KNXP with 2x seagate sata drives connected to the silicon
serial ata ports. I have my hard drives in raid 0 configeration. I would
like to see if i can connect my drives to the ICH5R raid serials instead.
When i built my pc i couldnt get my drives to detect on the ICH5R ports with
F5 bios. So i connected them to the silicon ports instead. I now have bios
F6K and would like to see if i can get the drives to connect to them now

Would i have to re build my raid to do that? My guess is yes. But would be
great if i wont have to. Which raid out of those is better? Here im only
getting 37,000 kb's in sandra hard drive file transfer test. I should be
getting more than that. Before i was getting up to 65,000 kb's. But dont
know why i cant get that now. I have installed the standard intel chipset
drivers. I tried to install the intel raid drivers but can only find raid
driver sets that support the ICH5R serial ports.

Ken