HardwareBanter

-   -   Upgrading from Ti4600 to FX5900Ultra (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50426)

Graeme Roberts August 26th 03 11:57 PM

Upgrading from Ti4600 to FX5900Ultra

Andrew.

The unified driver should work. Power off, install the new card. The driver
might default to somthing like 800x600 256 colour on first re-boot. If so,
just power cycle your machine again and it should come up ok.

Graeme.

"Andrew Stirling" wrote in message
About to install an FX5900 Ultra tomorrow. Just wondered if I need to
uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall them after installing the
card....or does the unified driver structure mean that this is

unnecessary?

--
Andrew

Too_Much_Coffee ® August 27th 03 02:58 AM

"Andrew Stirling" wrote in message
About to install an FX5900 Ultra tomorrow. Just wondered if I need to
uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall them after installing the
card....or does the unified driver structure mean that this is

unnecessary?

I swap back and forth between two nVidia cards. I had to install the same
driver for both, but once I had done that, I can swap them and the registry
has the info for both. If I power down and switch cards everything is setup
when I restart.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

--
Andrew

J.J. R. August 27th 03 07:05 PM

"Andrew Stirling" ha scritto nel messaggio
Thanks everyone...I'm using 45.32 at the moment so I'll just give it a go
and see what happens.

45.32?? :)

Andrew Stirling August 27th 03 08:15 PM

"J.J. R." wrote in message

"Andrew Stirling" ha scritto nel messaggio
Thanks everyone...I'm using 45.32 at the moment so I'll just give it a

go
and see what happens.

45.32?? :)

Oh Shut up!!
It worked like a dream btw. First time I booted up my card was detected as a
5900Ultra but there were no nvidia properties in the display properties box.
Just rebooted and it was fine.