HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   who makes cheap tower cases with BLACK bottom? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=194556)

[email protected] June 1st 14 12:47 PM

who makes cheap tower cases with BLACK bottom?

I inherited a PC in a cheap noname case. The interesting thing is that it
is painted black underneath. Every other case I can think of has bare
zincanneal or aluminium on the bottom.
The only other feature (in otherwise mediocre generic case) is that it has a blue light bar 15 cm wide under the power button.
I trawled through pages of Google image search and found a similar case,
presumably the same manufacturer, but the link was to a Chinese B2B site,
where content churns over as soon as it is indexed.

Joe Blow June 2nd 14 01:35 PM

On 2014-06-01 11:47:21 +0000, said:

I inherited a PC in a cheap noname case. The interesting thing is that it
is painted black underneath. Every other case I can think of has bare
zincanneal or aluminium on the bottom.
The only other feature (in otherwise mediocre generic case) is that it
has a blue light bar 15 cm wide under the power button.
I trawled through pages of Google image search and found a similar case,
presumably the same manufacturer, but the link was to a Chinese B2B site,
where content churns over as soon as it is indexed.

Coolermaster N200

ALL black, in, out & bottom, even the supplied accessories inc screws
are black.

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-tower/n200/

[email protected] June 3rd 14 11:55 AM

On Monday, June 2, 2014 8:35:44 PM UTC+8, Joe Blow wrote:
Coolermaster N200
ALL black, in, out & bottom, even the supplied accessories inc screws
are black.

No it isn't one of those. Doesn't resemble Coolermaster - I had 3 different
Coolermasters this century. Noname case is a cheap piece of garbage. The front
panel USB ports are held on by 2 screws, and the original owner broke them
just by pushing in a wireless keyboard tranceiver. Very flimsy indeed.
I imagine the PC shop that sold it would have discontinued using these
bottom-of-the-barrel bargains after a few returns.