HardwareBanter

-   -   Geforce fx 5700 problem (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=55379)

Don pedro October 7th 04 10:02 AM

Geforce fx 5700 problem

Hi all,

I have a mobo asus a7m266 and bought me a geforcefx 5700le 128 mb but
when i start a game it starts to flicker en the colors are getting
****ed up.

= there is agp 4x support and tried a lot of drivers.

Don't know what to do know...
Can somebody help me please?

grtz

@ndrew October 7th 04 11:34 AM

Don pedro wrote:

Hi all,

I have a mobo asus a7m266 and bought me a geforcefx 5700le 128 mb but
when i start a game it starts to flicker en the colors are getting
****ed up.

= there is agp 4x support and tried a lot of drivers.

Don't know what to do know...
Can somebody help me please?

grtz

I am assuming you have at least this power supply requirement for the
dual AMD 64 board:

ATX Form-factor and Minimum 400W ATX 2.03 Power Supply

The minimum requirement for full-power loading is a 400 Watt ATX 12V
power supply; minimum requirement for +5V/3.3V is 180 Watts; +12 Volts
requires 15 Amps; 5VSB requires 1 Amp. Also Ensure that the ATX power
supply can put out at least 10mA on the +5 Volt standby lead (+5vsb).
You may experience difficuly powering ON the system if the power supply
cannot support the load. For Wake-On-LAN support, your ATX power supply
must supply at least 720mA for +5VSB.

regards

@ndrew

Lachoneus October 8th 04 01:45 AM

I have a mobo asus a7m266 and bought me a geforcefx 5700le 128 mb but
when i start a game it starts to flicker en the colors are getting
****ed up.

I am assuming you have at least this power supply requirement for the
dual AMD 64 board:

Um, the A7M266 is not a dual AMD 64 board. It's a single Socket A
board. http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7m266/overview.htm

Still, an underpowered PSU could be the problem. Also, it could
possibly be a heat issue. Does the graphics card have a GPU fan? If
so, does it spin? If so, does it work any better if you run it with the
PC's side panel off and a desktop fan blowing in?

Don pedro October 11th 04 11:16 AM

Lachoneus wrote in message ...
I have a mobo asus a7m266 and bought me a geforcefx 5700le 128 mb but
when i start a game it starts to flicker en the colors are getting
****ed up.

I am assuming you have at least this power supply requirement for the
dual AMD 64 board:

Um, the A7M266 is not a dual AMD 64 board. It's a single Socket A
board. http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7m266/overview.htm

Still, an underpowered PSU could be the problem. Also, it could
possibly be a heat issue. Does the graphics card have a GPU fan? If
so, does it spin? If so, does it work any better if you run it with the
PC's side panel off and a desktop fan blowing in?

Hi,

Thanks for the tip but i disconnected allready some devices, to give
the graphical card more power but it was the same.

maybe driver of the mobo ? but i allready tried a lot :(

grtz

Dale Ingold October 16th 04 07:39 PM

(Don pedro) wrote:

Lachoneus wrote in message ...
[...]

I could use some help, too. I just tried to install a Chaintech GeForce FX
5700LE 256MB on my A7M266 motherboard; it would work ok in VGA mode, but as soon
as I tried to boot up in even SVGA mode, it'd work for a minute or two then the
screen would go blank, although the computer seemed to be going along ok. I
finally switched back to my GeForce 3 Ti200 (whose fan isn't working). I have a
340 watt Enlight power supply; could that be the problem?

Thanks!
--
Dale Ingold