HardwareBanter

-   -   Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=173360)

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 6th 08 01:07 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

Hello,

Hosting and joining games works bad in Red Alert 3 especially for computers
that have multiple IP addresses, or networks like hamachi where there is
possibly lots of packet loss.

Symptoms a

1. Not being able to host games.
2. Not being able to join games.
3. Getting kicked out of games.
4. Players appearing and disappearing in the game lobby.
5. CD-Key in use... the host still thinks you are in the game so your
conflicting with your own cd key.
6. Connection timed out message.

All six are because of faulty network code in the game.

This is something you should know before you pirate this game, or buy this
game...

I took a quick look at EA Forums and the info from the patches, it seems
people are aware of these problems... it seems these problems are not only
related to pirated copies... the retail/sold copies have the same problem.

Some questions:

1. Is it conceiled incompetence ? or
2. Is it conceiled deliberate ?

The most interesting question is:

3. Will it ever be fixed ?

For me it's kind of a problem... I do want to play this game (but slowly
losing interest)... but mostly against other people so I can beat them up :)

But if the game is not working properly... then people can't really train
against each other... ofcourse they could play skirmisch... but what's the
point they might wonder if the game is not working properly.

Another problem is that people don't believe there is actually a bug in the
game code. They also don't understand the problem... so telling them quick
work arounds is pretty useless... the average player doesn't understand
these kinds of problems/flaws in the internet protocol and the windows stack
and software in general. This is not the first time I have seen software
with these kinds of problems. Civilization 3 Conquest for example had more
or less the same kind of networking problems for computers with multiple IP
addresses.

A good programmer can program around it and solve it...

But apperently the programmer for Red Alert 3 couldn't or wouldn't... ;)
shame for such a great game.

What can you do as a gamer that wants to play LAN games over for example
Hamachi ?

Return your product ! Demand your money back ! ;)

Tell them it's faulty... tell them I said so ;) :):):):)

If they don't believe that, tell them to shove it up their asses... because
not only did I tell them to do that.. but you also saw the misery yourself !
;) :)

Finally a word for the pirates out there... don't give up on this game just
yet... even without the source code for the game I do believe there are
possible ways around it that will work better than hamachi...

Creating such a tool/work around will require some time... I for one am not
getting payed for it... so I feel little for making this tool... kinda sucks
if I have to clean up the dirty mess in this way...

So for now I am taking it easy... being lazy.. and waiting to see what will
happen ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 6th 08 01:11 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

Hmm...

I just realized something... right after I pressed the post button and read
my own message ;)

I have the pirated version of the game... I patched it to 1.03... then
applied a crack...

But the crack is still 1.00.

So it's kind of a fake crack.

This can be seen in the settings window... it says 1.00.

So for now I am giving EA the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe these network bugs are solved in 1.03.

If so then all we need is a cracked version of 1.03 ;)

If not then we all f*cked :) ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Impmon[_2_] November 6th 08 02:27 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 01:11:06 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

If so then all we need is a cracked version of 1.03 ;)

If not then we all f*cked :) ;)

You're f*cked already. if EA is reading this post they have the IP
address of your post and can trace to your computer and you, and hold
you for one stolen game.

Buy the damn game if you like playing it.

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 6th 08 01:15 PM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

I was considering it for the first time in my life... shortly...

However... the copy protection put me off...

As well as the risk of damaging CD's and DVD's.

I'll be just wasting my money !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Access[_2_] November 6th 08 09:09 PM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
I was considering it for the first time in my life... shortly...

However... the copy protection put me off...

As well as the risk of damaging CD's and DVD's.

I'll be just wasting my money !

Bye,
Skybuck.

You are openly promoting software piracy ?

I don't think that is very wise.
We all know who you a your name is Harald Houppermans, and your website
can be found he http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/.

Hasta la vista, baby.

Chris M. Thomasson November 6th 08 09:38 PM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
.home.nl...
Hmm...

I just realized something... right after I pressed the post button and
read my own message ;)

I have the pirated version of the game...

You also have the root-kit it surely deeply embedded into your system.

[...]

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 6th 08 10:28 PM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

If anybody asks where is the CD/DVD I say:

In the trash... it got damaged, ok.

So **** you too :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Impmon[_2_] November 7th 08 02:56 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:28:51 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

If anybody asks where is the CD/DVD I say:

In the trash... it got damaged, ok.

So **** you too :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

No reciept? No proof of ownership?

if you don't like the CD protection, you could look for a No CD crack
and apply it, then put your original disc away in a safe place. Only
moron lets a CD or DVD get damaged beyond use.

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 7th 08 05:15 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

Today I made a tool, which uses the ndisprot driver to carry the broadcasts
over the internet.

It should work... but I have nobody test with at the moment... so it will
have to wait until "tomorrow"...

Then the tool has to be fixed up a bit... and a nice distribution made and a
nice manual...

And then some more testing... and a little bit of extra save/load code...

And then in the near future maybe even a peer exchanger... for automatic
peer list exchanging... and then I could even add more features... like
automatic detection of all kinds of stuff for automatic configuration...
(it's already pretty simple though... but for cluesless people maybe still
to hard ;)) and maybe even a nice installer for the driver ! ;)

But for now I just want a basic version to be done... with no peer
exchanger... incase that goes overboard ;) like too many peers etc...

For now it will probably be a closed-alpha/beta... that means only people in
my msn messenger list get it ;)

So get on my msn messenger list if you want to receive and test it !

(Only for Red Alert 3 players though ! ;))

(It has a GUI, and it needs the ndisprot driver etc)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying[_2_] November 7th 08 05:26 AM

Red Alert 3 has problems with multiple IP's and Hamachi.

Gravity will destroy the CD/DVD get a clue you moron.

Bye,
Skybuck.