HardwareBanter

-   -   geForce FX into Quadro FX (Can it be done?) and how is Quadro for games? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=52377)

Luke Piasecki December 19th 03 09:33 AM

geForce FX into Quadro FX (Can it be done?) and how is Quadro for games?

Hi,
I'm awaiting my geForce FX 5900 (non-ultra, 128mb ram).
I wonder if geForce FX 5900 can still be hacked into quadro, like geForce
could in the past?
(If so, please point me to sites with the software I need).
And while we are on the subject, woudl one get any speed up or slowdown when
using Quadro FX for games?
Or perhaps any DirectX incompatibilites?

Thank you,
Luke

Louis Raymond December 19th 03 06:23 PM

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:33:29 GMT, "Luke Piasecki"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm awaiting my geForce FX 5900 (non-ultra, 128mb ram).
I wonder if geForce FX 5900 can still be hacked into quadro, like geForce
could in the past?
(If so, please point me to sites with the software I need).
And while we are on the subject, woudl one get any speed up or slowdown when
using Quadro FX for games?
Or perhaps any DirectX incompatibilites?

Thank you,
Luke

Hi,

I don't have the same model that your getting, but
I have a Leadtek GeForce FX5900 Ultra 256mb,
I installed Rivatuner with the 52.16 from Nvidia.
Rivatuner said it wasn't tested with these driver
but it worked anyway. when I rebooted my machine
it asked for drivers for a Quadro FX, also from the
Nvidia site I installed the 52.14 Quadro drivers
My system reports that I have a Quadro FX3000.
I can't say for sure that I have the real performance
of an FX3000 but my problems I had with the Cad
software I use are gone.

If you have more question ask away.

Regards,

Louis.