HardwareBanter

-   -   Asus V8200 T2 Deluxe Drivers what is better? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50662)

Ben Nealon September 9th 03 06:54 PM

Asus V8200 T2 Deluxe Drivers what is better?

Hi,
I have the Asus V8200 T2 graphics card. Now up untill upgrading to
windows XP i was able to use my Stereo gogglles with the Asus drivers. Now
since putting Win Xp on i have had to upgrade to the latest ASUS drivers
(45.23). Here i found that i couldnt use my VR Goggles. This wasnt much of a
problem for me upuntill recently. I decided to get the problem fixed and
posted a queery and this was fixed - i put on the nvidia detonator drivers
(45.23) and the Nvidid Stereo drivers. I then came to run 3D mark 2003 -
when i run it without the 3D goggles running atall i was getting a score of
about half my orignal score (i usualy got 1000 with the ASUS drivers, i now
get about 500). I havent changed anything else in my system at all and i am
running DirectX 9.0b.
Now i would really like to use the 'Better performing' asus drivers. but
i cant use the stereo function?! Even if i install the Nvidia Stereo driver
package over the top of my Asus drivers - it installs but doesnt function
atall!

Is there any way of getting my 3D goggles working with my Asus
drivers? - as obviously i dont want to use Nvidias detonator drivers to
underperform!

Or do you have any other good performing drivers i could try?

Regards,

Ben Nealon
P.S - I removed all instances of drivers inbetween each installation -
therefore there were no instances of the asus drivers when i installed the
Nvidia ones!
P.P.S - i have an Athlon 1.4ghz with this card running at agp 4x

Bob Byrne September 11th 03 03:07 AM

Ben Nealon wrote:

...... Now
since putting Win Xp on i have had to upgrade to the latest ASUS drivers
(45.23).

Why?
I have XP Pro and a V8200 T5 and I've used drivers as early as 28.32.
I believe V30.82 are recommended but I have no problems with 45.23.
Mind you I don't use stereo drivers and don't benchmark but MS Flight
Sim 2004 runs fine.

--
Bob

Ben Nealon September 11th 03 05:21 PM

I found that i had to use more recent drivers as the asus ones were making
my system logos etc... revert back to windows 98 "Style".
Are you using the nvidia drivers or asus?

Regards,

Ben Nealon

Bob Byrne September 12th 03 05:45 AM

Ben Nealon wrote:

Are you using the nvidia drivers or asus?

nVidia. I was using ASUS up 'til 43.45 but started to get BSOD's so now I'm
staying with nVidia drivers.

--
Bob