HardwareBanter

-   -   I need a VIVO cable (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50094)

Stoyou August 6th 03 09:30 PM

I need a VIVO cable

for my FX 5900, which I bought OEM.
Can anyone help?

Biz August 6th 03 10:40 PM

You can probably order one from the manufacturer of your card, check their website and/or call them
to see about availability.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

BGrieb August 7th 03 04:27 AM

for my FX 5900, which I bought OEM.
Can anyone help?

I think that VIVO cables are proprietary and as another post stated,
they may only be attainable through the manufacturer. What's the brand
of your Card? I have a dead Chaintech Ti4200 that came with a VIVO
cable. I'm willing to part with it.

BG

Stoyou August 8th 03 02:50 AM

(BGrieb) wrote in message . com...
for my FX 5900, which I bought OEM.
Can anyone help?

I think that VIVO cables are proprietary and as another post stated,
they may only be attainable through the manufacturer. What's the brand
of your Card? I have a dead Chaintech Ti4200 that came with a VIVO
cable. I'm willing to part with it.

BG

To be perfectly honest I don't know. It doesn't have any mfg
labeling. As close as I can see it's quite a bit an ultra but it only
has 128mb vram.
If nothing else I could like to try your chaintech cable (it's 4 in/1
out right?). What would you want for it?

Biz August 8th 03 03:22 AM

Check the FCC ID on it and look it up.....you'll really need to know the manufacturer. Who buys
cards that they don't have any idea of the brand? OEM is one thing, but at least know the brand of
the OEM purchase....
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

. com...

Stoyou August 9th 03 04:54 PM

thanks all for the help.

Biz, the card was made by NVIDIA (I think) and has lots of labels.

The closest to an FCC ID was found on the circuit board itself:

NVIDIA CORPORATION
Model: P172
Tested to comply
with FCC standards
for Home and Office use

and was itself covered by this (on a label)

Nvidia Corp.
"FCC & CE pending"

Other numbers and labels:

(On a label)
NV35-A1
G34952.1 0316A1

(On a label)
600-10172-0001-000
REV: U

(On the fan)
nVidia
DC12V 0.32A
0319OR

(On a label)
(with bar code above)
0142003000023

(on the card)
04.35.20.1804

BTW BIZ,
I can tell you my friend bought this without knowing the mfg and
since I got it cheap from him (he had no need for it) I wasn't
concerned at the time.
I would like to take full advantage of the card's "capabilities", so
all the replies and suggestions are appreciated. FCC ID is a new one
on me, so if one of the above is the FCC ID, I'd love someone to tell
me which it is.
Thanks

"Biz" wrote in message ...
Check the FCC ID on it and look it up.....you'll really need to know the manufacturer. Who buys
cards that they don't have any idea of the brand? OEM is one thing, but at least know the brand of
the OEM purchase....
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

. com...