HardwareBanter

-   -   Which GeForce Card? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49972)

Mark Weatherill July 30th 03 10:18 AM

Which GeForce Card?

I'm on the verge of upgrading my current GeForce 3 Ti 200 to something else,
but at a budget :-(, probably no more than £100

I'm looking towards either a Leadtek WinFast A280 LE TDH MyVIVO which works
out as:

GeForce 4 Ti 4200
128MB DDR
8X AGP
S-Video In

Or a Nvidia FX 5200 series.

Apart from GPU grunt (bear in mind I've got a GeForce 3 at the moment) I
would really like a video-in since I want to capture video.

Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?

Cheers

Mark

B.J. July 30th 03 04:42 PM

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:18:06 +0100, "Mark Weatherill"
wrote:

I'm on the verge of upgrading my current GeForce 3 Ti 200 to something else,
but at a budget :-(, probably no more than £100

I'm looking towards either a Leadtek WinFast A280 LE TDH MyVIVO which works
out as:

GeForce 4 Ti 4200
128MB DDR
8X AGP
S-Video In

Or a Nvidia FX 5200 series.

Apart from GPU grunt (bear in mind I've got a GeForce 3 at the moment) I
would really like a video-in since I want to capture video.

Can someone suggest which way I should be going, it seems that the whole
GeForce 4 v FX is a bit of a minefield?

Definitely go with the ti4200. It's a little more expensive but a
much better value IMO. If you were going to get an FX card I'd
recommend at least a 5600, and probably then the ultra version.

B.J.

PHil July 30th 03 11:53 PM

Yup.

See just how kick-ass the Ti 4200 128MB is:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...n_9600-07.html

A solid gaming card for someone on a budget.

Chimera July 31st 03 12:59 AM

given that the FX5200 would be a downgrade, I think your options become
quite clear

Mike Lamb August 1st 03 03:04 AM

Me 4

Cheers,
Mike
PS You definitely know which is the recommended v
card now!

"Max" wrote in message
Me three.

"PHil" skrev i

meddelandet

..
..
Yup.

See just how kick-ass the Ti 4200 128MB is:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030416/rade
on_9600-07.html

A solid gaming card for someone on a budget.

"Martin Eriksson"

wrote in message
"RJT" wrote in

message

Mike Lamb August 1st 03 04:44 PM

Me 4.
I think it has become clear what your choice
should be.

Cheers,
Mike

"Max" wrote in message
Me three.

"PHil" skrev i

meddelandet

..
..
Yup.

See just how kick-ass the Ti 4200 128MB is:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030416/rade
on_9600-07.html

A solid gaming card for someone on a budget.

"Martin Eriksson"

wrote in message
"RJT" wrote in

message