HardwareBanter

-   -   Looking for a Good Video Card (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=161372)

The Time Traveler December 3rd 07 05:27 PM

Looking for a Good Video Card

I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I don't
game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory 6. Any
information from those of you who know about good cards would mean a
lot. Thank You for your time.
The Time Traveler

The Time Traveler December 3rd 07 10:29 PM

BigJim wrote:
agp or pci-e and/or dvi or analog connections?
"The Time Traveler" wrote in message
I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I
don't game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory
6. Any information from those of you who know about good cards would
mean a lot. Thank You for your time.
The Time Traveler

PCI-E x16 Duel DVI
Thank You

Paul December 3rd 07 11:05 PM

The Time Traveler wrote:
BigJim wrote:
agp or pci-e and/or dvi or analog connections?
"The Time Traveler" wrote in message
I am looking for a Good Video Card. Between $100.00 and $130.00. I
don't game but I run two Monitors with Photoshop and DVD MovieFactory
6. Any information from those of you who know about good cards would
mean a lot. Thank You for your time.
The Time Traveler

PCI-E x16 Duel DVI
Thank You

This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
a nice set of included cables.

SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 $60

Paul

Augustus December 4th 07 06:27 AM

Looking for a Good Video Card

This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
a nice set of included cables.

SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
$60

There's two versions of this Sapphire 256Mb X1650 Pro card with virtually no
cost difference....the one above with 800Mhz DDR2 and one that has has
1400Mhz DDR3 for $10 more. GPU core is the same on both. The performance
difference is dramatic. This one is $71.78 with free ground shipping.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AT-165P512&c=pw

The Newegg one is $60, but with $5.84 shipping, so $5 more gets you a LOT
more performance.

Augustus December 4th 07 11:57 PM

Looking for a Good Video Card

This is the cheapest one I could find, which includes two DVI to VGA
dongles. You can use this with a mix of DVI or VGA monitors. It has
a nice set of included cables.

SAPPHIRE 100164DDR2L Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
$60

Paul

You can do better with the same card and manufacturer. There's two versions
of this Sapphire 256Mb X1650 Pro card with virtually no cost
difference....the one above with 800Mhz DDR2 and one that has has 1400Mhz
DDR3 for what amounts to $5 more. GPU core is the same on both. The